Climate Safe House is a community-led, multi-decade project that aims to develop housing for areas vulnerable to coastal changes caused by climate change.
2016 – 2020
Over the past three years we have:
Conducted research into:
- Existing housing stock in flood hazard zones.
- The perception of flood risk by residents in flood hazard zones.
- Plans for a possible future response to flood risk by residents in flood hazard zones.
Designed and are in the process of constructing a house that is:
- Healthy to live in
- Transportable, so you could move with it if you had to
- Modular, so it can grow with your family
- Energy efficient.
- Decision makers
Industry including the banking and insurance sector.
Provided a blueprint:
- For future house builders
- For other organisations
- For local and national government.
2020 – 2030
We will continue to develop and implement climate safe housing and community-focused solutions.
2030 – 2040
We will facilitate the development of sustainable, climate safe settlements.